Fall 2020 Virtual Soccer Clinic Survey
Lansdowne Boys and Girls Club plans to offer an 8-week virtual Zoom soccer clinic with Challenger Sports, who have provided our spring and pre-season clinics for the last two years. The programs will be open to kids ages 6 to 18 and will be organized into appropriate age brackets.
This survey is to gather information from those interested and will serve as a preliminary sign up. If you have more than one child interested in soccer, please submit a response for each.
There are several reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic that we cannot hold an in-person competitive soccer season. First, the state has recommended that youth sports be postponed until January. Second, the borough of Lansdowne and William Penn School District are not presently issuing permits for groups to use their facilities. Third, some of the organizations we compete with have also decided they will not compete this fall.
We hope that we can get back to meeting in person as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
– Coach Pete
The Lansdowne Boys and Girls Club (LBGC) is in the process of cleaning out its clubhouse on Baltimore Avenue. As part of that effort, LBGC is looking to give away a variety of items in as-is condition:
- LBGC team trophies and plaques dating back to the mid-1970s
- furniture items: 6 folding chairs (hard plastic with metal legs), 23 non-folding chairs (19 hard plastic with metal legs / 4 solid wood chairs), 10 folding tables (8 round hard plastic with hard plastic legs / 1 round wood laminate with metal legs / 1 long hard plastic with metal legs), 1 large wood conference table
- pool table (smaller than regulation, with balls, rack, etc.)
- electric oven/stove (with hood)
- floor tiles
- eight-foot ladder
- basketball hoop and fiberglass backboard
If you or your community organization are interested in seeing any of these items (first-come, first-served), please contact LBGC at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st.